Directions and Maps
We strongly recommend you follow our written directions to the ranch and ignore the suggestions from your well meaning GPS. The route to the ranch is prominently marked at every turn upon crossing or exiting I-12.
From New Orleans (allow 60-70 minutes)
- Take I-10 West to Metairie, exit Causeway Blvd. North
From Metairie (allow 45-55 minutes)
- Cross Lake Pontchartrain, continue 4.5 miles, go under I-12 and follow directions below from Hwy. 190 West
From Baton Rouge (allow 60-70 minutes)
- Take I-12 East to Exit 63-B, exit onto Hwy 190 West
From Hwy 190 West at I-12 (allow 15-20 minutes)
- Continue towards Covington 3.3 miles.
- Before bridge, veer right onto Hwy 190 (Bus).
- Go .3 miles to Hwy. 21, turn right.
- Go 5.1 miles to Hwy. 1084, turn right.
- Go 1.5 miles to Hwy. 1083, turn right.
- Go 1 mile, continue straight (pass Lowe Davis Road).
- Go 500 feet to the 1st Entrance on the right.
From Slidell (allow 30-40 minutes)
- Take I-12 West 18 miles to Abita Springs (Exit 65)
- Turn right onto Hwy 59 (north)
- Go 4.6 miles to Abita Springs. Enter traffic circle, go 1/2 way around and exit onto Level St.
- Continue straight on Level St. for 6/10 mile to fork in road
Bare left onto Hwy 435.
- Go 1 mile to Allen Road turn left (just past Quail Farm)
- Go 2 miles and we are the first entrance on the left. (just before Lowe Davis Rd.)
Buses should enter forward. Don't back in.
Drive up to sign that says " Buses Stop Here and Honk". Stop there and honk.
Wait for assistance. Thank you.
Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery Education Foundation
23440 Lowe Davis Road, Covington, LA 70435
(985) 892-3669, Info@Insta-gatorRanch.com